The Human Development Foundation established the Founder’s Legacy Society to recognize individuals and couples who have made provisions in their estate plans to provide a gift to the Foundation for the benefit of those who are striving to achieve a better life.
These gifts take the form of bequests by naming the Human Development Foundation not only in a will or trust, but also in a charitable remainder trust, gifts of life insurance, or any other type of charitable planned gift.
The Founder’s Legacy Society was named after the founding members of the Human Development Foundation who established the organization to facilitate an apolitical movement for a positive social change and community empowerment through mass literacy, enhanced quality of education, universal primary health care and grassroots economic development. The “seed” of philanthropy generously provided by the Founders has grown into an International force for human development, having served more than 1,000,000 constituents.
Who Should Join the Founder’s Legacy Society?
For people who want to create a legacy beyond their lifetime, the Founder’s Legacy Society ensures donors that their charitable dollars are used in the way they intended. If you have made arrangements in your will, trust, or other deferred gift mechanism to make a gift to the Human Development Foundation, you are already eligible to be a member of the Founder’s Legacy Society.
What are the benefits of joining the Founder’s Legacy Society?
Being a member of the Founder’s Legacy Society gives you the opportunity to belong to a select group of like-minded people who are committed to supporting the needs of the less fortunate in Pakistan.
Other benefits include:
- Recognition annually at a special event honoring you for your gift during your lifetime.
- The guidance of our professional staff to help you with your estate and gift planning.
- A personalized giving plan, as detailed or general as you'd like, to ensure your philanthropy will be meaningful to you.
How does the Founder’s Legacy Society work?
- Establish - Donors can include a gift to the Human Development Foundation in their will or trust, establishing a bequest.
- Notify - Donors notify Human Development Foundation of their plans and automatically become members of the Founder’s Legacy Society.
- Join - Donors join the network of other Founder’s Legacy Society members and receive special recognition.
Please contact our office at 847-490-0100 to discuss the various planned giving options available to you or visit our planned giving website.